TAMHA has closely monitored the current state of the COVID-19 Pandemic through consultation with SWPHU. Based upon that guidance and consideration of all variables, TAMHA will be implementing a mandatory pause in all hockey activities, including games (already cancelled for various reasons) as well as practice effective immediately.
Some of the variables associated with this decision are as follows:
- First and foremost, the safety and wellbeing of all participants, we have recently seen classroom and bus cancellations.
- The current state of the COVID-19 pandemic within the province of Ontario, the adjustments to the Re-Opening Ontario Plan and the overall impact on sport,
- The importance and timing of vaccinations for the 5-11 age group as well as boosters for those over age 12
- The considerable impact this is having on all Volunteers
- The holiday season and associated pressures
- SWPHU will stop doing comprehensive contact and case management as of Thursday December 16th. This means you will not be contacted by the Health Unit over the next couple of weeks, if you come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid19.
TAMHA will continue to monitor the situation, provide the necessary updates, and look forward to resuming hockey in the New Year with hopes for game play as well.
Thank you and I hope you all have a safe and Happy Holiday.